Our objectives are:
- To mobilise the communities of Peterhead to make positive changes within the town centre, to make public space more appealing and user friendly, and to create a vibrant, social and economically thriving environment which people enjoy using.
- To re-establish the town centre as a destination for social and leisure activities and the recognised hub of community activity in the town.
- To work with Peterhead’s communities so that both established and newly formed groups to give support. encouragement and funding to take idea’s and projects forward.
- To inform local spending plans and influence the Local Action Plan, identifying additional sources of external funding to make sure the Choose Peterhead outcomes can be delivered.
- The inhospitable and dreich environment within the town centre.
- Social and economic regeneration and lack of encouragement in the community to allow groups to put their ideas into practice.
- The lack of use of the town centre due to having the feeling that it is unsafe.
- The lack of leisure and social activities.
Click on the map to make it larger